Narrowband

NGC6914

Snoani

Good evening

I took advantage of an extended period of clear nights at the beginning of the month to capture NGC6914, which is a reflection nebula situated in Cygnus.

I have experienced a couple of issues during the acquisition and processing of this image and subsequently I am not overly happy with the final result but after some hesitation I have decided to share it for critique.  This image was captured using a mono camera but for some reason my blue filter bloated the stars on this occasion, which I have not noticed before, and so I really had to reduce the stars hard in this channel to mask blue halos as much as possible.  However, I haven't had my scope out since to try to identify the cause of this but I think the auto focuser may have been slightly off.    

The image is made up of just shy of 6.5h of each RGB, 3.5h luminance and 5h of Ha blended in.  All subs taken using a WO GT81 APO, ASI 1600MM Pro, Baader filters, HEQ5 (rowan upgrade) and ASI Air Pro.  

It might be that I return to reprocess this at some time in the distant future but as of right now I have exhausted my enthusiasm with this one.  

Feel free to comment and thanks for looking. 

Jem

NGC6914-1.thumb.jpg.75cd485f5c0a5cd011fd2174a38eba5c.jpg

• Like 7