SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Latest Cresent

paul mc c

Getting a bit more practice with the new camera and software,have to say that NINA is a cracking bit of software and really nice to use.

I am also using APP trial version but will purchase the owners licence, i would think,but still have to do a little bit in GIMP.

nebcres reduce.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, vlaiv said:

Is that taken with 102ED F/7?

What model is that scope (FPL-51 or FPL-53)? In either case, have you considered adding Astronomik L3 filter to it?

Yes said scope, fpl51, what would the L3 do?, I had a LPS D2 filter in the scope. 

40 minutes ago, paul mc c said:

Yes said scope, fpl51, what would the L3 do?, I had a LPS D2 filter in the scope. 

It will reduce a bit of blue and red bloat on stars.

Being doublet scope - it has some residual CA. For visual that is probably not issue since eyes are not that sensitive in far parts of spectrum (around 400nm and around 700nm on the other side of visible spectrum).

Astronomik released 3 different luminance (UV/IR cut) filters - L1, L2, and L3 - each one a bit more restrictive in far parts of spectrum:

AlleLxFilter_V2.png

With FPL51 ED doublets as fast as F/7 - you want to filter out those parts of spectrum to reduce that residual CA. Even some FPL53 doublets that are faster show slight blue fringing on some stars (that is why I asked about model).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/09/2021 at 20:14, vlaiv said:

It will reduce a bit of blue and red bloat on stars.

Being doublet scope - it has some residual CA. For visual that is probably not issue since eyes are not that sensitive in far parts of spectrum (around 400nm and around 700nm on the other side of visible spectrum).

Astronomik released 3 different luminance (UV/IR cut) filters - L1, L2, and L3 - each one a bit more restrictive in far parts of spectrum:

AlleLxFilter_V2.png

With FPL51 ED doublets as fast as F/7 - you want to filter out those parts of spectrum to reduce that residual CA. Even some FPL53 doublets that are faster show slight blue fringing on some stars (that is why I asked about model).

Hi all,

This post is just was a looking for! I have also a 102ED doublet refractor with a noticeable CA. I've just purchased a mono cam. I've read very well about this filters to get rid off (at least partially) bloated stars. Does anybody has real experience and images shooting with these filters (and L3) and a FPL51 doublet?

Miguel