Jump to content

sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

Establishments named after Astronomy


Guest
 Share

Recommended Posts

Drove past this pub near Braintree in Essex. Wonder what other establishments use astronomy  in their name.

20210929_145040.jpg

20210929_145034.jpg

20210929_145243.jpg

20210929_145604.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One of the pubs in my home town was called The Observatory. Not sure if it was called that due to the number of patrons in there that would jump at the chance to make another see stars.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, johninderby said:

I just can’t resist. 😁😁😁

             As Carl Sagan would have said “ Billions and billions.”

We could do a double act John. No it would'nt be a double star act as you would be the star and I the fall guy.ha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another one

Kepler’s Yard in Melbourne Oz.

“The cosmically inspired selection includes the Slippery Saturn (rum, orange juice, lime and fresh mint), the Neptune Nip (Woodford reserve bourbon, vanilla and chocolate bitters), as well as the highly recommended Mercury Rising—a gin cocktail”

297F2208-794A-4EFA-9DD7-BDF6AA4CBC21.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Grumpy Martian said:

Drove past this pub near Braintree in Essex. Wonder what other establishments use astronomy  in their name.

20210929_145040.jpg

20210929_145034.jpg

20210929_145243.jpg

20210929_145604.jpg

Looks like he needs a proper Berlebach observing chair.

im still trying to work out what the object is behind him, impinging on the dead tree. It looks like a upended railway carriage. 🤔

Edited by JeremyS
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, johninderby said:

Another one

Kepler’s Yard in Melbourne Oz.

“The cosmically inspired selection includes the Slippery Saturn (rum, orange juice, lime and fresh mint), the Neptune Nip (Woodford reserve bourbon, vanilla and chocolate bitters), as well as the highly recommended Mercury Rising—a gin cocktail”

297F2208-794A-4EFA-9DD7-BDF6AA4CBC21.jpeg

I think their best known cocktail is “Show Us Uranus”

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Looks like he needs a proper Berlebach observing chair.

im still trying to work out what the object is behind him, impinging on the dead tree. It looks like a upended railway carriage. 🤔

I think that is the rail up and down which his observing chair platform moves to access the eyepiece as the alt of the scope changes.

Of course , I may have sampled one too many libations from within before making that assessment.

Edited by Swoop1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.