Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Can I do a StarSense alignment with HC & then connect to CPWI & still be aligned?

Hi 

This is what I want to do - is it possible?

I want to do my usual StarSense (SS) User Auto Align using my hand controller (HC) connected to my mount.

Once aligned, I want to connect to CPWI to be able to control slewing and my focus motor. I don't feel confident enough yet to my SS alignments through CPWI.

Questions -

1. Will CPWI recognise my alignment when I connect to CPWI, will I still be tracking?

2. Will I lose my alignment if I connect the HC to my laptop to connect to CPWI?

Any insights, advice, tips or suggestions would all be gratefully received, thank you.

Siouxsie 

Edited by StarGazingSiouxsie

The reason why I wanted to use CPWI was so that I could contol slewing and focusing from my laptop whilst also watching the image from my planetary camera on screen.

Does anyone know of another option for me whereby I could get aligned user my HC, then be able to control my slewing and focus motor from my laptop screen.

Thank you!

Probably not (but I have not tried) as normally,  Celestron devices won't work that way and you have to stay with the device that did the alignment.  If connecting CPWI by cable to HC, definitely not as the HC must go into Boot loader mode. 

However, my system works great simply auto-aligning my scope using Starsense from within CPWI. I observe only from indoors and remotely control scope, camera and focusser from laptop networked to a mini-computer at the scope using Windows Remote Desktop over a 5Ghz WiFi network. 

Additionally, I plug in both my Starsense HC and Nexstar+ HC. Whilst the Starsense enters Boot loader mode (and is superseded by CPWI), the direction buttons still with on the Nexstar + HC

However, there is a way of doing what you want to do. Instead of CPWI, use Stellarium via the ASCOM platform.