Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First pic - new scope

EdG

So I finally managed to do some quick observing with my new Celestron Starsense DX 6" SCT, this morning at 8:40 with bright sunshine and a glorious blue sky 🤣

I've not been able to try out the Starsense feature yet, but I am really pleased with this view. Taken with a Galaxy Note10+ with a 32mm Celestron Omni lens.

PSX_20210928_085302.thumb.jpg.520410ca86699247ea4c7327595f4892.jpg

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent picture. My first scope was the 130mm reflector version of the StarSense. It was that instrument that got me properly hooked after a life long general interest. How are you finding it?

Edited by Astro_Dad

That is quite the first result! If/when you start doing the same in dark skies, you may need to engage "Pro mode" or  whatever your device calls it so that you can dial in some exposure compensation. The software will try to find a middle ground between the dark sky and the sunlit Moon, and thus overexpose the heck out of the Moon. If you can tell it "No, take your exposure reading right here" you'll be way ahead of the game.