Narrowband

Greetings dear SGL forum

Dummy

Hello SGL community! 

I'm new to the forums so excuse me if this not common or prohibited behavior but I wanted to know if it is okay to bump a topic I posted but got no replies. It's been two days I think since I posted it.

I've known this site for a couple of years and I came here for help once so I thought I could ask for advice again. 

As I was spellchecking this I noticed that people have viewed my topic and I guess this topic is sort of a bump in itself so excuse me anyway... 

Hello!....and Welcome,

I am sure you will get some replies in due course regarding your bino question.........I am sorry I cannot help with this as I do not have binos in that size range. But what I will say (not on the subject I know) is that if the SVBONY company ever produce something in that size range, 70 to 80mm they would be well worth considering, because I have tried their 8x32 and 10x42 SV202 ED range and found them to be amazing performers for a very low price. They were reviewed by Neil English I think, who was spot on with his assesment. Even though I would not normally use the smaller model for astro, they showed pin point stars in a nice wide field - the 42's were even better - I tried them agains a pair of 10x42 Leica Trinovids and they were pretty close!  Unfortunately the biggest apertures I can see from them is 50mm (and not in the SV202 range) which is below your size requirement.

Good luck with your search!

• Thanks 1

Hi @Dummy

The thing to bear in mind is that if you ‘bump’ a topic, it pushes it back to the top of the recent threads feed, and by definition pushes every other post down. If everyone did it then the forum would be a mess.

Not everyone is as sad as me and on the forum every day, so be patient and I’m sure someone will answer. If you’ve not heard anything in a week or two, there’s no harm in posting in the thread asking if anyone has any advice. Personally, and this is because I’m a grumpy old man, I dislike people just writing ‘bump’ in a thread. It just seems lazy to me 😉.

• Like 1

Hi, welcome to SGL :smile:

As they say, patience is a virtue. Some parts of the site are busier than others. Also some people will read a topic but not be able to help. Eventually someone with the right knowledge will be along and hopefully answer your question.

Bumping is poor forum etiquette and best avoided.

11 hours ago, Barry Fitz-Gerald said:

Hello!....and Welcome,

I am sure you will get some replies in due course regarding your bino question.........I am sorry I cannot help with this as I do not have binos in that size range. But what I will say (not on the subject I know) is that if the SVBONY company ever produce something in that size range, 70 to 80mm they would be well worth considering, because I have tried their 8x32 and 10x42 SV202 ED range and found them to be amazing performers for a very low price. They were reviewed by Neil English I think, who was spot on with his assesment. Even though I would not normally use the smaller model for astro, they showed pin point stars in a nice wide field - the 42's were even better - I tried them agains a pair of 10x42 Leica Trinovids and they were pretty close!  Unfortunately the biggest apertures I can see from them is 50mm (and not in the SV202 range) which is below your size requirement.

Good luck with your search!

Well I recognize the name SVBONY from when I purchased a tripod adapter for my 15X70. I didn't know they make binoculars too. Anyway I already have a 10x50 pair (Olympus DPSi) which I got as a gift and what spurred me to upgrade to a 15x70. I guess I'll have to wait a while with my upgrade. Thanks though!

And about the other issue, good to know, hope it wasn't wrong of me to ask about it here in a new topic. Thanks for the clarification 😁

Hello and welcome to the site 👍 I wouldn't get stressed over people viewing but not commenting; like me, people look but if they can't help they move on and hopefully someone will be along to help. I have found this is to be a very helpful and knowledgeable site and if people can help, they will be more than happy too. 

• Thanks 1