Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sketching video

MarkRadice

Join Mary McIntyre and I as we discuss observing techniques, sketching kit and the best ways to observe the night sky, including cameo appearances from Evie the cat.

Our first collab saw us chose three lovely objects in the summer milky way to observe. I sketched mine at the eyepiece (although one was quite a challenge) while Mary sketched from her own images. We then compared notes on observing techniques, sketching equipment and how to get the best out of an observation and improve with time.

It was a lovely to work with Mary. She is an experienced observer, writer and keen photographer who features in Sky at Night, the Yearbook of Astronomy and is a regular on the speaking circuit. Lots of tips – although be careful as I had to visit the art store and have the pleasure of buying yet more supplies.

Mary’s copy is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8C3R176qm8&t=39s

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/09/2021 at 13:25, MarkRadice said:

Join Mary McIntyre and I as we discuss observing techniques, sketching kit and the best ways to observe the night sky, including cameo appearances from Evie the cat.

Our first collab saw us chose three lovely objects in the summer milky way to observe. I sketched mine at the eyepiece (although one was quite a challenge) while Mary sketched from her own images. We then compared notes on observing techniques, sketching equipment and how to get the best out of an observation and improve with time.

It was a lovely to work with Mary. She is an experienced observer, writer and keen photographer who features in Sky at Night, the Yearbook of Astronomy and is a regular on the speaking circuit. Lots of tips – although be careful as I had to visit the art store and have the pleasure of buying yet more supplies.

Mary’s copy is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8C3R176qm8&t=39s

Very interesting, thanks for the link, will check not out.

• Thanks 1