Jump to content

sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

What are these...?


Recommended Posts

On my flats. And how do I get rid of them? I think they may be on my sensor as they appear on all images regardless of what lens I'm using...

 

pp_Flats_stacked.png

Edited by Dazzyt66
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Dazzyt66 said:

On my flats

Hi

Dust. It's quite normal. 

Best not to remove it as it forms part of the flattening process for your light frames. 

If you want to fight it (futile!) You can clean the sensor, but be sure to clean it after you have used the current set of flat frames, otherwise you'll be left with dust marks on your final image.

HTH.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Indeed, like @alacant already said - it is dust on camera chamber window. If you remove dust - you'll need another set of flats for lights taken after dust removal.

Best way to remove it is to use one of these:

image.png.66792f264fc2f3364fc332588c7b46c1.png

(air blow bulb / air bulb / rubber dedusting ball / etc ...)

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Dazzyt66 said:

On my flats. And how do I get rid of them? I think they may be on my sensor as they appear on all images regardless of what lens I'm using...

 

Hi Mate,

yes, as @alacant it is a dust.

And no, it is most likely not on your sensor and most likely not even close to it...

Usually (but not always), the dust on the sensor is very dark and usually very small (unless extremely dirty), yours looks like the dust on the filter if you use any.

You can calculate the distance of the dust from the sensor using the formula as per description in the link below.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, alacant said:

Hi

Dust. It's quite normal. 

Best not to remove it as it forms part of the flattening process for your light frames. 

If you want to fight it (futile!) You can clean the sensor, but be sure to clean it after you have used the current set of flat frames, otherwise you'll be left with dust marks on your final image.

HTH.

 

3 hours ago, vlaiv said:

Indeed, like @alacant already said - it is dust on camera chamber window. If you remove dust - you'll need another set of flats for lights taken after dust removal.

Best way to remove it is to use one of these:

3 hours ago, RolandKol said:

Hi Mate,

yes, as @alacant it is a dust.

And no, it is most likely not on your sensor and most likely not even close to it...

Usually (but not always), the dust on the sensor is very dark and usually very small (unless extremely dirty), yours looks like the dust on the filter if you use any.

You can calculate the distance of the dust from the sensor using the formula as per description in the link below.

 

(air blow bulb / air bulb / rubber dedusting ball / etc ...)

Thanks guys. I figured it was dust. The thing is, it stays in my final image after stacking - is that normal or am I doing something wrong. I don't use darks just processed flats and bias?

Thanks again.

Daz

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Dazzyt66 said:

 

Thanks guys. I figured it was dust. The thing is, it stays in my final image after stacking - is that normal or am I doing something wrong. I don't use darks just processed flats and bias?

Thanks again.

Daz

Flats should remove the dark dust spots from the lights, so either the dust spots are not present on the lights (or the dust has moved slightly between taking the lights and flats), or the calibration process has not worked correctly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Actually, I'm wrong, they are not in the final image - what I thought were the bunnies are in the wrong place to be them - if that makes sense - so maybe I'm not doing anything wrong after all...

NANNEWREFS.png

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.