Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What are these...?

Dazzyt66

16 minutes ago, Dazzyt66 said:

On my flats

Hi

Dust. It's quite normal. 

Best not to remove it as it forms part of the flattening process for your light frames. 

If you want to fight it (futile!) You can clean the sensor, but be sure to clean it after you have used the current set of flat frames, otherwise you'll be left with dust marks on your final image.

HTH.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Indeed, like @alacant already said - it is dust on camera chamber window. If you remove dust - you'll need another set of flats for lights taken after dust removal.

Best way to remove it is to use one of these:

image.png.66792f264fc2f3364fc332588c7b46c1.png

(air blow bulb / air bulb / rubber dedusting ball / etc ...)

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Dazzyt66 said:

On my flats. And how do I get rid of them? I think they may be on my sensor as they appear on all images regardless of what lens I'm using...

Hi Mate,

yes, as @alacant it is a dust.

And no, it is most likely not on your sensor and most likely not even close to it...

Usually (but not always), the dust on the sensor is very dark and usually very small (unless extremely dirty), yours looks like the dust on the filter if you use any.

You can calculate the distance of the dust from the sensor using the formula as per description in the link below.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, alacant said:

Hi

Dust. It's quite normal. 

Best not to remove it as it forms part of the flattening process for your light frames. 

If you want to fight it (futile!) You can clean the sensor, but be sure to clean it after you have used the current set of flat frames, otherwise you'll be left with dust marks on your final image.

HTH.

3 hours ago, vlaiv said:

Indeed, like @alacant already said - it is dust on camera chamber window. If you remove dust - you'll need another set of flats for lights taken after dust removal.

Best way to remove it is to use one of these:

3 hours ago, RolandKol said:

Hi Mate,

yes, as @alacant it is a dust.

And no, it is most likely not on your sensor and most likely not even close to it...

Usually (but not always), the dust on the sensor is very dark and usually very small (unless extremely dirty), yours looks like the dust on the filter if you use any.

You can calculate the distance of the dust from the sensor using the formula as per description in the link below.

(air blow bulb / air bulb / rubber dedusting ball / etc ...)

Thanks guys. I figured it was dust. The thing is, it stays in my final image after stacking - is that normal or am I doing something wrong. I don't use darks just processed flats and bias?

Thanks again.

Daz

8 minutes ago, Dazzyt66 said:

Thanks guys. I figured it was dust. The thing is, it stays in my final image after stacking - is that normal or am I doing something wrong. I don't use darks just processed flats and bias?

Thanks again.

Daz

Flats should remove the dark dust spots from the lights, so either the dust spots are not present on the lights (or the dust has moved slightly between taking the lights and flats), or the calibration process has not worked correctly.