Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Modified Z6 Camera shot

photoncraft

Hi..

I modified my Nikon Z6 and uploaded first test shot. how about your think?

Looks more red pop up than before. and wonder if someone like me,

what value of Color Temperature do you use?

Any think would be welcome

Thanks..

Shot Info.

Nikon Z6 Modified. 12X30" stacked, ISO 2500, FL 200mm, Star Adventurer Mini. Color corrected in Darkroom 3.6, Stacked in Affinity Photo.

cv-1.jpg

cvorg.jpg

Edited by photoncraft

• photoncraft changed the title to First Modified Z6 Camera shot

That has turned out really well. A successful first test. Did you modify the camera yourself ? If so, did you find it easy to do ?

I have never used a modified mirrorless camera but if I did I'd either use Michael's method from the post above or just make the background areas a neutral grey where there's no Ha clouds. I think some people also use a custom white balance using a grey / white card.

Dave.

Thanks michael.h.f.wilkinson.  good information. i will try to find out more about Astro Pixel Processor.

Thanks davew.   The modification has done by modification company called Central DS. grey card looks good Idea. I will try.

Thanks fwm891.  I tried with custom balance and now looks find some proper point. Not only K value, but need modify tint too.

After fix Custom value, now i can shot photo as normal in daylight. and can nightshot too without any filter. but i ordered IR filter to compare.

Follow test shots are No WB, Original WB and Custom WB at daylights.

NoWB.thumb.jpg.fb3d6b99524c3e923b14466f62ba8e7c.jpg

No WB Applied.

OrgWB.thumb.jpg.b9637900e6c746ca9cfc36a82b4dc3f4.jpg

Original WB

CustomWB.thumb.jpg.ce19745faf04af7314788a6970880da2.jpg

Custom WB

Edited by photoncraft
  • Like 1

Was this a full spectrum mod (removing all filters) or an H-alpha mod (which leaves one of the 2 original filters in the camera or replaces it with a IR/UV filter).  If it's full spectrum you will want to use it with an IR/UV filter to prevent IR reaching the sensor.

Mark

1 hour ago, sharkmelley said:

Was this a full spectrum mod (removing all filters) or an H-alpha mod (which leaves one of the 2 original filters in the camera or replaces it with a IR/UV filter).  If it's full spectrum you will want to use it with an IR/UV filter to prevent IR reaching the sensor.

Mark

I believe my modification is to accept H-Alpha maximize. they said that pull up about 98%. It's not full spectrum mod but just remove IR-Absorption filter as i know. follow link is their explanation.

http://www.centralds.net/cam/?cat=43

centralds-fm-chart2.jpg

Edited by photoncraft

When I use my full spectrum Z6 with an IR/UV filter I find that if I choose an in-camera white balance of K* with colour temperature set to 4500K and G-M set to G4.5 then it works quite well for daylight shots.

However when I process astro-images I calibrate and stack raw data.  Colour temperature plays no direct role for me.

Mark 

1 hour ago, sharkmelley said:

When I use my full spectrum Z6 with an IR/UV filter I find that if I choose an in-camera white balance of K* with colour temperature set to 4500K and G-M set to G4.5 then it works quite well for daylight shots.

However when I process astro-images I calibrate and stack raw data.  Colour temperature plays no direct role for me.

Mark 

Thanks share your case experience. full spectrum modification looks good. I tested my z6 and really K and tint setting like yours made almost no difference with original camera.