Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sol 18-9-21 Ha

Ibbo!

7 minutes ago, Victor Boesen said:

Great shots, very high contrast on the surface features. You mention the Quark and the Lunt together in the same configuration? Are you using the Quark to achieve a "Triple stack" system with the Lunt and Quark?

Victor

Thanks a lot.

Not at the triple stage as yet just double, I also use x2 binning when I use the Quark one up or in the Lunt.

With my set up I have a JMI focuser and need about 150mm of extension once the blocker of the Lunt is out of the way.

it was a bit Heath Robinson as it was a hack of extensions .I have some ali tube on order that will find its way to the lathe chuck once it arrives on Weds ( I hope) then i will try triple.

I will put a picture up once I have it more presentable.

• Thanks 2

Replace the erf of your front mounted etalon with  a piece of clear camera glass, you should be able to find a plain old UV filter that fits and it will boost transmission by a ton.      

If you have a pressure tuner, theres an erf inside the scope already and you are losing 20% transmission by having two erf's installed via double stack.

• Thanks 1