Narrowband

AstroLandscapes #26 - Mayon Core

I spent some of the weekend looking at some old data from our April trip to Cornwall.  I found this image that I’ve not shared here before, which I think has become my favourite from that trip now I’ve managed to spend a couple of hours re-editing it.

It’s the Milky Way core and Rho Ophiuchi over the old coastguard lookout on Mayon Cliff above Sennen Cove.  The sky so was so incredibly dark in this direction (earlier that night I’d managed to see the zodiacal light very clearly over the sea). Shot with a Canon 6D and Samyang 24mm f/1.4 lens at f/2.8 with some light painting to illuminate the lookout and nearby rocks. Hope you enjoy!  Comments and feedback always welcome. 😊

2E631874-DDE1-4495-9293-BA75CE0081CE.thumb.jpeg.3858746da50d3f7872fe4586187c1e45.jpeg

• Like 13

31 minutes ago, vineyard said:

That is lovely & Sennen Cove & that whole area around Zennor is gorgeous.  My DSLR attempts are abject failures 🤷🏾‍♂️

Yes, we love it around Sennen and West Penrith - could spend a lot longer round there! 😊

22 minutes ago, Hawksmoor said:

A beautiful image Paul. Great composition and light worthy of a painting from the school of the 'Sublime'.

George

Thank you George - very kind.