Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello Everyone at last I'm back

just looking up

Hi All glad to be back,...   some of you might remember me as " just looking" back then Many Many Moons ago lol  it was on my birthday I joined June 2010.  I also had my own group page on here South Yorkshire stargazers  I only went and forgot my password changed my email,  then Covid came sold our house, moved to another part of country,  sold our beloved sky watcher 8inch dob (I bought of a member on here)  we moved into a small park home on the east coast, thinking we would have no room for the dob, missed it like crazy, so now the proud owner again of another  Sky-watcher 8inch dob at the moment parked up in my kitchen, as you do ;o)     couldn't live without it. I am now on the look out for a desk top Goto scope if anyone is selling one, but not with a tripod as I am unable to stand more the about 15 mins with my ailments,, so I need one I can sit  at a table and look through the bottom, I did fancy the Mead but don't  think they are making them anymore. so something like the Mead one ,  We are in a great spot here where we live as most residents  go to bed early and we near enough live on the car park so can set up in there in a dark corner, and can sit all night stargazing if we want  and no one to bother us,,   and if we get too cold 20 steps to our front door and bed   ;o)

• Like 8

Thank you everyone roll on cold crisp clear - sky winter nights brrrr bought some fleece warm p.j's to go out in as lets face it no one will see me. lol oh and a office swivel chair when I'm sat stargazing so don't have to keep getting up. ;0)

Edited by just looking up
  • Like 1

You do not need to table mount a small GoTo scope.  I have tripod mounted Celestron Nexstar GoTo scopes, a 127mm Mak and a 8" SCT and I mostly observe sitting down. The eyepiece position on these does not move a lot and you can get to it while sitting, particularly if you have a chair of variable height (which some observers use but I don't).  It is actually much easier to see if you sit rather than stand while trying to stay in position and not bump the eyepiece.

• Like 1