Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Solving Blue Bloat at source?

DaveS

Considered the Vixen FL55 SS?

From my digging around this seemed to be pretty well corrected for colour, but backfocus appears to be critical and some coma to far corners at full frame. Everybody who has one seems to rave about the center field and frame brightness. 

4 minutes ago, 900SL said:

Considered the Vixen FL55 SS?

From my digging around this seemed to be pretty well corrected for colour, but backfocus appears to be critical and some coma to far corners at full frame. Everybody who has one seems to rave about the center field and frame brightness. 

no plans for chaning my ota, for now; maybe in the future!

13 hours ago, mgutierrez said:

Hi,

I'm quite interested in this thread.

What did you do finally?

I have a TS102ED f7 refractor. I've just purchased a mono cam and now I'm still deciding which filters to buy, taking special attention to improve and reduce bloated stars (my doublet shows it noticeably). Astronomik deep sky + L3 may suit my needs, but a bit expensive for now. I wonder how a "standard" LRGB baader filters would behave.

cheers

Holding off for the moment. I've come to the realisation that I don't use this rig enough to justify spending much on it. Maybe in the new year I will. I still like the Borg 55 mm f/3.9 but can't even begin to justify spending that kind of money.