Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 281

Ceph

Last week I managed to gather some pictures on Pacman during two nights, though my gear is not playing nice with me, sometimes I still am rather happy with the result.

Processed in Pinxinsight with no calibration frames.

SW 190 MN, ASI 1600mm, 300s: 48xHA, 35xOiii, 34xSii, 1x1Bin

ngc_281.thumb.jpg.9202ffd4b8dce5f8b372ec67042c6354.jpg

• Like 17

3 minutes ago, Ceph said:

Thank you Olly, though I do not knows what "unforced resolution" means.

I meant that it's sharp in the sense of having lots of small scale detail but does not have the scratchy look that comes with heavy use of software sharpening. It looks naturally sharp.

Olly

2 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

I meant that it's sharp in the sense of having lots of small scale detail but does not have the scratchy look that comes with heavy use of software sharpening. It looks naturally sharp.

Olly

Aha, I see, atually I did use sharpening but in a different way and not so hard as you say, so yes I am pleased with the result I got :)

18 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

We all use it but the trick is to make it look as if we haven't!

Olly

If of interest here is how I did:
After combining the three S2+HA+O3 and streched the pic. I made a HA-clone and stretched that, when happy I applied sharpening on the streched HA-clone not on the image itself.
(I have also tried adjusting the stars on the clone and it seemed to give a better result, not confirmed yet as I only have tested with this picture).
Using MLT on layer 2,3 and 4 with below setting for the sharpening.
MLT-Sharp.JPG.acbc312286ecd72f2d386bf1d3384d5c.JPG

After that when adding Saturation with LRGBcombination I used the fixed HA-clone as "L". Then the sharpening is transferred to the real picture in a better way I guess.

LRGBComb.JPG.a5efd7be4fc2c1f100a5e73db05f2782.JPG

Maybe it is only this picture and will not work on next, but this is how I did it

Edited by Ceph
Forgot on row
  • Like 1