Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

World record space / astro lecture attempt - 100 hours in!

FenlandPaul

I hadn't seen this elsewhere on SGL, so thought it was worth a share.

Mark Thompson from Stargazing Live is currently  over 100 hours in to an attempto break the Guinness World Record for the longest marathon lecture. He is aiming to talk for over 139hrs, 42mins and 56secs and all in aid of Barnardo's. 

You can watch it streamed live here, and sponsor him here.

How he's explaining some quite complex subjects after so little sleep it beyond me.  I believe our friendly forum sponsors @FLO are also sponsoring the attempt. 😀

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the heads up, just watched an hour or so and I  was amazed and humbled at the same time. This is a real test of human endurance and I wish him all the best. Would have been nice if this had had a higher profile on SGL (perhaps it did and I missed it). A worthy cause too and well done FLO for sponsoring. 

Edited by RobertI
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Chris said:

Yaaah! Still going strong even after smashing it :) He doesn't want this record breaking anytime soon!

Yep. He does sound somewhat drunk though 🤪🤪🤣🤣, I can’t imagine even being able to remember my name, let alone speak after that long so he’s doing an amazing job!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Stu said:

Yep. He does sound somewhat drunk though 🤪🤪🤣🤣, I can’t imagine even being able to remember my name, let alone speak after that long so he’s doing an amazing job!

Hehe yeah I think he's reached some kind of Shaman level trance like state. I used to get visual disturbances after the 16.5 hour night shifts we had to do years ago, so Mark must be really tripping after 140 hours!🤪💪

• Haha 1