Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Beach huts and MW

Just got back from a 2 week trip in our motorhome.  We stopped off at Wells and I was fortunate to have a clear, moonless night.  It was great to lie on the beach in the dead of night peering up at the sky whilst the camera clicked away.  This was 40x30 secs stacked with sequator and processed mostly in PS.  The highlight was meeting up with a group of lads from Fakenham who are going into their 3rd year at uni.  They were blown away by the images coming through on the camera.  I took a 30 second pic of them standing on the steps of one of the beach huts and will send it to them when processed.

495576654_WellsBeachhutsunderMilkyWay2.thumb.jpg.05f4166ee939b48961443dd69675b77a.jpg

• Like 19

Very nice too Martin 👍

We also have a motorhome, now on our second one. Took delivery of a new Majestic 105 in April. The mains charger went 'Pop' on day one, now we have a fault with the Dometic fridge. All all covered under warranty of  course, but still a "PITA".

Our first one was a 65 Plate Bessacarr, which we bought in 2018. A previous owner was a Doctor, who lived in Chesterfield. I have to wonder 😉

Edited by centroid

53 minutes ago, centroid said:

Very nice too Martin 👍

We also have a motorhome, now on our second one. Took delivery of a new Majestic 105 in April. The mains charger went 'Pop' on day one, now we have a fault with the Dometic fridge. All all covered under warranty of  course, but still a "PITA".

Our first one was a 65 Plate Bessacarr, which we bought in 2018. A previous owner was a Doctor, who lived in Chesterfield. I have to wonder 😉

Not me Dave!  

• Like 1

Absolutely love that, @MartinB.  You’ve got some lovely structure and colour in that Milky Way and, well, who doesn’t like beach huts?!  

We’ve often popped up to Wells and I’ve had my eye on an almost identical composition - unfortunately coordinating available time, new-ish moon, weather and correct season for a good MW orientation, has so far thwarted the attempt.

Hope you had a good break.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, happy-kat said:

Great image, love the beach huts. What lens did you use please,  thinking of your 30 second exposure and neat stars.

Sorry I should have said.  I was using a Canon 6D with a Sigma 14mm lens wide open at F1.8.  Obviously the lens has some coma in the corners wide open but at this focal length the stars are so tiny you really have to pixel peep to see it.  Also 30 seconds is too long so there is some star trailing but I think you only really see it if you go looking for it.  The stars have had a bit of a battering in processing as well!