Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron starsense autoalign re-alignment

Hi Folks 😀

I was wondering about this?  i want to remove the autoalign from my scope before  putting the scope ota back in its protective case?  do i need to re-align the  starsense again?  or will it still hold the same alignment setting  its on the small mount on a celestron 127 slt.

thanks

David

If you move the mount you'll need to realign. If you mark the ground where the tripod legs are and you levelled it correctly you might be able to retain your alignment.

If you do move it you should still be able to retain the calibration even if you don't retain the alignment. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, boulderbelly said:

I was wondering about this?  i want to remove the autoalign from my scope before  putting the scope ota back in its protective case?  do i need to re-align the  starsense again?  or will it still hold the same alignment setting  its on the small mount on a celestron 127 slt.

You should not need to re-align unless there is some slop in the connection between support arm and socket.  I suggest you assume it's okay and see what happens. I find that my Starsense needs periodic re-alignment anyway.

• Like 1

Hi Geoff

thanks for the info   much appreciated!...  I set the starsense on the ota  bracket last night and  have marked  both brackets with a fine pencil line and covered it with a bit of selloptape  so it doesnt get rubbed off  that should help with realigning it back on the scope  i'll see how that goes   as you stated it probably will need periodic re alignment  from time to time. once  again thank you for your advice its much appreciated!  👍👍👍

16 hours ago, GalaticBoba said:

If you move the mount you'll need to realign. If you mark the ground where the tripod legs are and you levelled it correctly you might be able to retain your alignment.

If you do move it you should still be able to retain the calibration even if you don't retain the alignment. 

Cheers Mate..   i had marked the grass and levelled it with the north position for alignment  and i cannot leave tripod permanently fixed  unless i cover it with a tarp to keep the weather out , but as usual with Scotland plenty of rain  so my  laptop is safe in my kitchen with the guider  and camera cables out the window .  I always fancied making my own  pier for an alt az mount  but have to work my way around the celestron mount  as the custom made piers expensive as they are need  working round and most of them are for  EQ mounts..  thank you for your  feedback mate its most appreciated. 👍👍👍