SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

I ditched my ED refractor for a vintage lens

Chris

42 minutes ago, vlaiv said:

Seen those, and not sure how to "classify" them yet.

ASI178mc - £8.21 per mm2

ASI485mc - £5.59 per mm2

ASI183mc - £4.46 per mm2

ASI294mc - £2.69 per mm2

All of those can do planetary as well as DSO imaging, and size of camera contributes to speed of system.

Just for DSO imaging - Canon M200 is hard to beat, about the same price as ASI482/485 - £398 at B&H - it costs £1.19 per mm2

How would you say the Canon M200 would hold up against capturing Ha or would you just get it modified!? 

59 minutes ago, vlaiv said:

Just for DSO imaging - Canon M200 is hard to beat, about the same price as ASI482/485 - £398 at B&H - it costs £1.19 per mm2

The first mirrorless camera I ever tested for imaging was the original Canon EOS M. They are basically a Rebel camera made to look like a bar of soap I thought lol. Good for galaxies, globs, and reflection nebulae, but the stock Canon IR cut filter is too harsh for those faint nebulae I feel.  

https://www.mpb.com/en-uk/used-equipment/used-photo-and-video/used-mirrorless-cameras/used-canon-mirrorless-cameras/canon-eos-m/sku-1289632/

Basically £100 for an APS-C sensor, so a cheap galaxy cam :)

51 minutes ago, Rustang said:

How would you say the Canon M200 would hold up against capturing Ha or would you just get it modified!? 

Probably on same level as other DSLRs so it's best modded for that I think.

26 minutes ago, Chris said:

Basically £100 for an APS-C sensor, so a cheap galaxy cam

Yes, that is quite cheap - and if modded - it's going to be very nice all around DSO camera, right?

• Thanks 1