Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 07-09-21

si@nite

1 hour ago, astroman001 said:

Great images. You had much better seeing than down here. It's been awful since 3rd Sept.

Cheers Peter hope the conditions improve for you soon.

Thanks martyn just a couple out of 20 or so runs worth giving my time to lol!

Heres an ir run from last night!

ir1S.png

Edited by si@nite

Nice Jupiters there Simon. As with Martyns showing some fine detail. You both seem to be saying seeing wasnt the best, Peter too. Its so hard to predict, high pressure, no wind. jetstream was miles off according to the maps. But i know from experiance those maps are often wrong. Thin cloud often effects histo more than seeing. Though not always. Sometimes it too can disturb the image. Its very unpredictable this year 

50 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Nice Jupiters there Simon

Cheers Neil you make some good points about the conditions & the effects on capture, also heat from house roofs especially in hot weather when planets are at low alt can be a problem too!

8 hours ago, U Cyg said:

Great images Simon, lovely fine detail.

Cheers Angie.

19 minutes ago, CraigT82 said:

I have struggled recently as I think the hot days and earlier imaging time don't go well together. Best results for me were with imaging at 2-3am when the ground had cooled off

Thanks Craig ,thermals & ground heat can be a real problem when imaging especially at low elevation!

Edited by si@nite