SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M33 redo with the Gabany method

Les Tilly

Since I shot this one last year, I never liked it after going to the NEAIC imaging conferance last year, and watching a lecture from RJ Gabany, showing how to improve your images using Color Match in Photoshop I never grasped how he was doing it, I was still learning the ropes and only had photoshop elements to play with.

Then while searching the web I came across it again and gave it a go with photoshop CS2 I am very impressed with this method as it keeps the noise down alot in DSLR images so here is a link to a walk through from Dietmar Hagers Web site

http://www.stargazer-observatory.com/RGB,OSC,DSLR%20color-processing.html

and here is the before and after M33

I always like to share what I find to help others in there fight for that perfect image if we ever stop tweaking :(

Regards Les

post-15556-133877357093_thumb.jpg

post-15556-133877357103_thumb.jpg

Thanks Les, very interesting. I'll read the link later :(

I like the colours on the first, but the stars are overdone and looked better as you had them I think?

Of the three images, the Jerry Lodriguss is the one that looks most natural and "hubble-esque" to me. I wonder how much the style of the Hubble images influences what we expect to see in an image? I suppose for truly accurate colour, the old method of film would have recorded them?

Archived