Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter 2021

neil phillips

Slim pickings this year as many know weather has not been kind. Seeing looked possibly good last night and someone decided to have a bonfire untill 11:30 So tried to image, but smoke killed any quality. Looked promising as well. 

So was building this to forget about fire starter lol. 

Jupiter 2021.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 15

A quality set of images Neil, dont think that Saturn can be beaten uk seeing wise this apparition, regarding last night mixed seeing here in the midlands again with low trans although clear skys managed a few half decent runs so will post results!

5 minutes ago, si@nite said:

A quality set of images Neil, dont think that Saturn can be beaten uk seeing wise this apparition, regarding last night mixed seeing here in the midlands again with low trans although clear skys managed a few half decent runs so will post results!

Glad you got some joy Simon. Its been tough for many this year.  Add smoke to my list of problems now. Hope it dont turn into a serial event. 

Think it would have been good this end. To top it off. putting the 10" away i scratched one of my refractors. Not the lens. But still. Wasnt a good evening.

Will look out for your captures. You deserve some better seeing i know its been tough for you this year with what the weather has dealt you and others on here.  

Cheers guys can feel the season getting closer to the end. Not there yet. But going into daylight soon. Its been a lovely experiance for the most part after i gave up 5 or 6 years ago. Brought back into it. From a world wide pandemic. Its kept me sane in more ways than one. Physically and mentally beneficial. 

Never ever thought astronomy may help save my sanity. 

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 1

They are brilliant Neil. I hope one day I can get somewhere near that and I would be very happy. In fact that would do me even if the planets were way up in the sky let alone the horizon scrapers we are currently dealing with ! Trevor

59 minutes ago, Trevor N said:

They are brilliant Neil. I hope one day I can get somewhere near that and I would be very happy. In fact that would do me even if the planets were way up in the sky let alone the horizon scrapers we are currently dealing with ! Trevor

If theres any info i can give to help. Just pm. Most of it is the scope. The rest stubbornness to not be beaten by UK weather. Out the other night it was awful. Like astroman said. it wouldnt even stay in focus for longer than a few seconds. Its getting the seeing and applying learned techniques is the key 

Thanks Trevor much appreciated

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 1