Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Wireless Remote for Canon 1000D

How useful would the Wireless Remote be whilst using the Canon 1000D for Imaging, or would USB control via Maxim DL be the best way to do it? It's just that the USB cable is not very long, and using an extension may not be reliable. I have no Idea, so It's advice I am asking for.

Thanks.

Ron.:(

I personally wouldn't go wireless.. I'd go wired either one of the cheap simple switch units or one of the programmable ones... I have programmable ones for my dslrs and they are great for capturing sequences of images when your using the camera on a tripod...

If the laptop happens to be around just use the USB connection and utils that come with the camera.

Billy...

I bought an electronic timer from Hong Kong supplier - ebay about £30, much cheaper than the Canon one.

Easy to operate and works absolutely perfectly, and it took only a few days to arrive.

Thanks Adam.

Were there any other charges levied, like vat, Import duty,

or handling.?

Also, what range does it have.?

Ron.:(

Ron, I have the ebay cheapy wired remote. The upper limits are 99 exposures, of 99 hours, 99 minutes and 99 seconds, or anywhere in between, with a shot interval of the same values. I used it to gather my data for M42, set 90 shots, 2 minutes and 2 seconds (used the self timer with mirror lockup), a 10 second interval, and set it running. Works great for taking darks too.

Archived