SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

I do NOT believe it !

teoria_del_big_bang

Yes well actually knowing my luck it may well be true as I am on holiday in a cottage in the the middle of nowhere near south coast next week and planned to take my gear with me and this is the forecast for there , Typical.
image.thumb.png.16563ffc29f791e550994409253b22c2.png

Steve

Edited by teoria_del_big_bang
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Padraic M said:

There's still hope - plenty of time for the forecast to change to green!

btw did you get all of your kit sorted out in time for your trip to dark skies?

Yes I must admit there is usually little point looking at it so far ahead.
And yes my gear is all up and running again as of last night.
I actually did have a third thing go wrong as when I either fixed or replaced all the damaged bits of kit I updated the RPi running StellarMate and it crashed and lost everything on the SSD (not images as these are all backed up) but had to reload the RPi and that didn't go straightforward but eventually remembered what to set up.
So all was sort of ready to go as of yesterday early evening but wondered when I would get any clear skies to test it and I just took the dog out around 10PM before retiring to bed and low and behold, stars everywhere, some thin misty cloud but good enough to get the focusser tested, and set focus on the guidescope and just generally give it a test drive which went well before midnight when the clouds really rolled in and put a stop to any actual imaging.

Only thing I am still waiting for is the new USB electronics for my rotator but I can manually rotate it with the hand set so I can live with that.

But it all works so that is good news 🙂 

So some clear nights around Battle would be good next week - I live in hope 🙂 

Steve

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, banjaxed said:

Just set your gear up to cool down and by the time you go out to start your session it WILL be cloudy 🙄

Yes been there many times this year, but if I say my glass is half full instead of half empty - it does mean I can now set up my gear in record time 🤣🤣🤣

Steve

1 hour ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

New Moon + no clouds - just doesn't happen up north.

Hello, you guys make me feel guilty, although smoke has cleared because the winds shifted West, but now we have the marine fog, in the evening.

Clear during the day, and no rain since March or April? (can't remember that far back)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Yes been there many times this year, but if I say my glass is half full instead of half empty - it does mean I can now set up my gear in record time 🤣🤣🤣

Steve

Optimism is essential for this hobby 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bahh, forecasts shmorcasts!

I finally fitted my new Sesto Senso2 focuser to my big Newt yesterday evening. Calibrated the travel and ensured APT could see it. All good.

It was clear at the time but sheets of cloud are rotating round this big flabby high pressure so it could cloud over at any time me thinks.

I looked at the latest forecasts and, indeed the clouds were due in from the east by 10.30 or 11 pm. Not worth setting up.

Anyway it was still crystal clear when I went to bed at 12.30...

• Like 3

On 01/09/2021 at 17:49, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Victor Meldrew I Dont Believe It GIF - Victor Meldrew I Dont Believe It GIFs

image.thumb.png.0af622a2412e5be0b08da6edc87cc8d4.png

New Moon + no clouds - just doesn't happen up north.

Steve

When I saw the thread title I thought someone left a Citroën 2CV in your skip

Citroen2CV.1.jpg

• Haha 3