SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Ngc2237

centroid

I think that I can now comfortably say that my SXVF-H9C, is performing as it should. At least, an awful lot better than it was when new, and over the past two years, thanks to Terry Platt.

I took this image last night during a break in the cloud, albeit some of the 6x600sec subs, where actualy taken through a veil of thin high cloud. This was quite evident, in that in looking at the individual, some had good contrast, where as some were clearly lacking in this respect.

However, I combined them all (average), and the result, albeit as expected, a little noisey, is a good indication to me, that the camera is now a lot more capable than it was.

So, given the right conditions, under clear sky (whenever that might be :D), I think the H9C will now, at last :(, give a good account of itself.

Meade 80mm APO + 0.63FR.

Dave

post-13389-133877357019_thumb.jpg

You must be mightily pleased to have the camera doing it's job as it should Dave. A pretty demoralising period you went through, and I know most of us really felt your despair mate.

Anyway, as you said, Terry Platt is the man, and everyone who owns a Starlight Xpress camera must be comforted in the knowledge that this guy is there when problems arise.

That is a great Rosette Neb; and we look ahead to more great stuff coming from your Obs.:(

Ron.

Archived