Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pelican Nebula - Those failing to see the Pelican should be able to in this image

Catanonia

really , really nice!  I clearly see the pelican. What I also see (not  kidding  here)  is  a dog.  The two very bright stars  on  left  side  of image are the "eyes", contained  within the blueish area which to me looks strikingly like a dogs head.  That  jumped  out  at  me  even before  I saw the pelican. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tripleped said:

really , really nice!  I clearly see the pelican. What I also see (not  kidding  here)  is  a dog.  The two very bright stars  on  left  side  of image are the "eyes", contained  within the blueish area which to me looks strikingly like a dogs head.  That  jumped  out  at  me  even before  I saw the pelican. 

That is the Skull Nebula  (yes I can see a dog now, with the dark patch being its nose)

Edited by Catanonia

• 2 months later...
18 hours ago, UNakade said:

I'm sorry, but I still can't spot it. I just don't know where to look. Could someone point it out please? Where's the beak, where's the head?

I think I just saw it. It's in the top right corner