SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Searching for Sympathy Likes with Jupiter 😉

1 hour ago, markse68 said:

Where does an eyepiece reach focus on the Mak?

Jupiter is gorgeous again tonight from here- and Saturn too which is a nice addition :)

Mark

That's a really good question... It's hard to tell, about half way I think. I did use that position first by using an ep to centre the planet. I spent a good hour fiddling before giving up. Some research on the phone while sitting there came up blank. Seriously I methodically went through every combination of gear I have and focus positions. My wrist was hurting!

10 hours ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

Thanks. I'm out with the Mak... and can't reach focus! I've tried the cam straight into the back, with a diagonal, one barlow, two barlows, every combination at my disposal! ☹️

There is an old thread dicussing Mak focus issues here, it might help you.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Pete Presland said:

There is an old thread dicussing Mak focus issues here, it might help you.

Thanks Pete. I have no issues with the Canon 450D. Pop it in and focus... This PX35C just wasn't having it despite trying everything from popping straight into the back to adding a diagonal and two barlows. 🙄 I'll have to have another search.

Edit: I'm beginning to wonder if I got tunnel vision and concentrated too much on the optical path rather than a software issue. Tbh I totally forgot to adjust the gain in Sharpcap which may have been an issue. I''ll have another go tonight weather permitting.

Edited by ScouseSpaceCadet
  • Like 1