Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

TecnoSky Linear Binoviewer

MarkRadice

I have been enjoying the TecnoSky Linear Binoviewer that my wife gave me for my birthday.  A lovely way to observe although limited by the full moon and long summer twilight.  More testing to be done, always a pleasure under clear skies!

IMG_0120.thumb.JPG.c2afc66d8a729e7ec393e9a9ebb8facd.JPG

A few thoughts:

It arrived in a great pelicase with space for a number of eyepiece pairs.  

IMG_5132.thumb.JPG.208c4348a9752c468da6245276285857.JPG

- I love the fact it does not need a corrector to reach focus.  If your eyepiece can focus, the binoviewer will focus. 

- That being said, I'm not sure I like the reflections looking at bright objects.  It takes some getting used to for sure. Picture of Jupiter below snapped with smartphone.

IMG_0134.thumb.JPG.a868949b58125167ef57f0dec38eb906.JPG

- On the other hand, for deep sky observing, it's a winner.  Quite a pleasant way to observe!

I put together a review here for further interest: https://youtu.be/ExdkGG9MXRM

Spoiler - the binoviewer is quite good!

6 minutes ago, MarkRadice said:

- I love the fact it does not need a corrector to reach focus.  If your eyepiece can focus, the binoviewer will focus. 

How does that work with these binoviewers as you're extending the lightpath by a certain amount so surely extra infocus is needed?

Yeah, same as the Bresser version I’ve just got too. Some reflections do take a while to get used to and ignore, but I think it is better than the WO one I had a while back. Moon and sun views where very good. Need to test it out more on other objects too, but liking it so far.

28 minutes ago, scotty38 said:

How does that work with these binoviewers as you're extending the lightpath by a certain amount so surely extra infocus is needed?

Ah that’s the beauty of these linear BVs. They have built In relay lenses that mean, if your eyepieces come to focus, then the binoviewer will come to focus. 

Glad you like yours Knighty. Why do you prefer them to the WO version, may I ask?

43 minutes ago, MarkRadice said:

Ah that’s the beauty of these linear BVs. They have built In relay lenses that mean, if your eyepieces come to focus, then the binoviewer will come to focus. 

Glad you like yours Knighty. Why do you prefer them to the WO version, may I ask?

Ah ok thank you, must do some research on these then.

Ok, just had a quick look and a pair of these is maybe what i need. I have WO binos that I can focus with the 1.6x in my Stellamira but need the 2.0x for my bigger refractor. I've been looking at additional diaganols and the like with the hope of getting rid of the barlow so I could use eyepieces natively but with little joy. This could be my answer....

Where did you buy them if you don't mind me asking?

Edited by scotty38

3 hours ago, scotty38 said:

Where did you buy them if you don't mind me asking?

They sound just the ticket for you! Likewise I didn’t want to faff with barlows and correctors. 

I got mine from Telescope Express in Germany https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p10297_TS-Optics-Binoviewer-1-0-magnification-zero-optical-path-and-erect-image.html

A quick search shows that Telescope House sell the Bresser version. 

Let us know how you get on!

• Like 1