SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Components

wookie1965

I saw a post a few weeks ago about a catalogue you could send off for that you could get near enough anything you wanted. 

One person said be careful as its easy to spend money on things you didn't know you needed. 

I did send for one but it has not turned up so I am trying to find the page again so I can try again if anyone knows what I am talking about please could post a link please. 

On 22/08/2021 at 14:44, Swoop1 said:

You lot are complete and utter gits. I have clicked on both those links and it is all your fault.....

😉

You may thank us one day.

For example, I was recently able to fix a set of cooking saucepans, of which the rivets holding the handles had failed, because of my extensive set of stainless steel fasteners.  I got quite a few brownie points for that.

Edited by Oldfort
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Oldfort said:

You may thank us one day.

For example, I was recently able to fix a set of cooking saucepans, of which the rivets holding the handles had failed, becuase of my extensive set of stainless steel fasteners.  I got quite a few brownie points for that.

Oooh, what did you use?  I went with stainless pan-head (of course) allen bolts and domed nuts when one of ours failed because the dishwasher ate the cheap and nasty "metal" the manufacturer used for rivets, but something lower-profile would have been preferable.

James

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JamesF said:

Oooh, what did you use?  I went with stainless pan-head (of course) allen bolts and domed nuts when one of ours failed because the dishwasher ate the cheap and nasty "metal" the manufacturer used for rivets, but something lower-profile would have been preferable.

James

I used socket head button screws and thin nuts.  The pans stack inside each other, else I would have used cap srews but here wasn't enough room.  ALl A4 stainless.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...