Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi Guys, another newcomer!!!

Northern Soul man

Hi Guys, names Paul, live in Rowley Regis in the light polluted West Midlands, started astronomy about six years ago - only just come across the forum. First scope was an 8" newtonion with Hinds optics, purchased the bits and made myself - a wonderful scope and sadly missed, then moved onto a Meade 8" LX 10 and upgraded last year to a Meade 8" LX 90, but still feel the first scope was a winner - don't get me wrong, the meades are great scopes, but visually lack the contrast on planetry detail unlike the fist newt, really miss it and thinking of getting a 12" dob and get back to the good old days !!!!. Thanks for taking a look and look forward to clear skies PLEASE !!!!!.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the kind words, Terry wandered where you live and what equipment you got, used to be a member of the Wolverhampton Society a few years ago , having problems with the DSO's and galaxies due to the light pollution, but having fun, just bought an O III filter (similar to the Skyblock I think ?) but think it may be a little too dark for the fainter objects, and not really had time to evaluate it. Many Thanks all from Paul.

Thanks for all the more kind words, been into Northern Soul ever since I was a kid, went up to Stoke last night for the all nighter - kept popping outside to see if the skies cleared - and no never went to Wigan - I was too young. Nice 1 Terry not too far away then wander what the skies are like in Willenhall - about the same as near Dudley - BRIGHT!!. Never travelled to a dark site must be amazing to see the Milky Way, only seen it once and wow what a site!!!, Thanks all again and kind regards to all Paul.

Archived