Narrowband

NGC281

astro mick

Hi.

This was taken on Monday night when a short window opened here on the East Coast.It is of course the very popular Pacman Nebulae,to be found in Cassiopia.

It was taken with my ED 102mm Refractor and an Atik 314L+ ccd.The image is a Narrow Band image using the HOO combination.

Both the Ha and the O111 were 600 secs apiece,to give a total of 2hrs for each Filter.The Filters were Astronomik 12nm wavelength.

All processing was done in Photo-Shop,and the subs had been calibrated before hand.

I processed two images to give a different a appearence,to see which i prefered.But i cant make up my mind,but perhaps the Red has the edge but it is close.(But the difference is subtle).

Cheers anyway.

Mick.

NGC281_Red.png

NGC281a.png

• Like 14

Very nice again Mick - with the images you've been posting recently it sounds like you have your mojo back after having some troubles with cameras earlier in the year.  I like the second - with a little stronger OIII?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, geeklee said:

Very nice again Mick - with the images you've been posting recently it sounds like you have your mojo back after having some troubles with cameras earlier in the year.  I like the second - with a little stronger OIII?

Thanks Lee.

Yes i had a difficult patch when i decided to switch to a cmos camera.I just could,nt get on with it at all,so have reverted back to good old ccd.

Mick.

• Like 1

Hi Mick

Version 2 for me at a quick glance! 
Good result from that little workhorse! 

I love my 314+ it was the first cooled ccd I owned and still own, I got some really good results when paired with my ed100 and I would love some clear skies to be able to play with any of my collected cameras or scopes at the moment! 

Thanks for sharing 

Bryan

• Like 1

9 hours ago, assouptro said:

Hi Mick

Version 2 for me at a quick glance! 
Good result from that little workhorse! 

I love my 314+ it was the first cooled ccd I owned and still own, I got some really good results when paired with my ed100 and I would love some clear skies to be able to play with any of my collected cameras or scopes at the moment! 

Thanks for sharing 

Bryan

Thanks Bryan.

Yes its an old camera,but as you say a little workhorse.

Mick.