Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My 1st comet-Lulin.

Looked outside at half past 12 this morning and was surprised to see stars when the forecast had said cloudy and rain. So i had a quick scan for comet Lulin with the 15x70 bins and having found it i decided to quickly set up the Astotrac with the 1000d and 200mm lens +2x teleconverter.

The 1st pic is 2 of the subs straight from the camera taken 36 minutes apart which shows just how fast the comet is moving against the background stars.

The 2nd pic is 30x90 second subs f5.6 1600iso stacked in dss aligned on the comet.

Because of the 10sec pause between subs and the comet having moved slightly in this time the star trails are made up of a series of dots does anyone know if there is a way to to get smooth star trails ?

This is the 1st time i have imaged a comet so any tips to improve the image or future images would be most welcome, many thanks.:(

post-14502-133877356804_thumb.jpg

post-14502-133877356808_thumb.jpg

Archived