Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SW80Ed - no manual supplied

Hi all,

I got my first scope last month, sent back the 114SLT my son and I got for xmas to get a SW80ed refractor, very nice item, still didn't use it as weather doesn't allow (besides some quick sessions out on the terrace) and also because still waiting to get a mount (if somebody sells an alt-az set please contact me) I am using my photo tripod/head set, well, the issue is:

is it possible such an object comes without an instruction sheet???

it seems that I can't find one either on SW website besides a pdf regarding generic refractors and reflectors items...

a bit of disappointment

That's what I also found on SW website, a rather basic document explaining how to set up a mount and a bit of setup for both refractor and reflector.

I am curious to know what the various bolts are for (like on the focuser), besides this I find the two screws locking the diagonal a bit tricky because they are small to handle and don't fully lock it.

another question, in the box there is another adapter that fits onto the diagonal, it has an inner screw kind surface, is that to adapt a reflex camera on the scope?

I can't wait to get a mount, I wanna go watch Lulin with the kids!!!

thanks all, good night

another question, in the box there is another adapter that fits onto the diagonal, it has an inner screw kind surface, is that to adapt a reflex camera on the scope?

That might be the 2 inch to 1.25 inch eyepiece reducer adaptor to allow use of 1.25 eyepieces, if it fits inside the diagonal (assuming it is the 2 inch one)

The thumb screw under the focuser is a "locking" device for the focuser

The other thumbscrews are to hold the diagonal in the focuser, and thumbscrews to hold eyepieces/EP adaptors in place.

hope that helps

Thanks John, the manual of the Orion helps much more than the one from SW!

Adam, no, I am not referring to the 2" to 1,25" adapter, it is another adapter that fits into the diagonal, internally it can accept something screwed (sorry but my english is so and so, it is surfaced like something can be screwed in it), I guess it is the adapter to fit the reflex camera through the so called T2 ring, can it be?

thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

Just stumbled across this thread. I have also been looking for a manual for my newly purchased SW Equinox 80. Thanks to you John, I now have a manual!! (Orion Eon 80mm ED).

Many thanks,

Richard

Archived