Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

computer astronomy

Hi i want to do astronomy via the internet as im disabled and im not able to stargaze.   What do you think of using Slooh which is an online astronomy site where you can learn about astronomy by earning gravity points and also they have online telescopes which are based in Gran Canaria and Chile.   It is my way of doing astronomy but what do you think of slooh, or online telescopes?

Ash

• Like 1

Hi Ash, and welcome.

Enjoying astronomy may be done in many different ways, and Slooh does seem to be one of them.  There are two membership levels.  I would suggest the "apprentice" level, and to get a sense of what the program might offer.

It is also possible to have your own computerised telescope outside your home, and then view what it "sees" on a screen indoors.

I wish you success in your pursuit of the stars above.

Hello Ash

something I would highly recommend is the open university. They have free introduction courses all web based.

They also operate two remote scopes on Mt Tiede in the Canaries, one of which you get to request targets to image just for you.

Good luck 

Marvin

• Like 1