SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Two Panel Mosaic Rho Ophiuchus

peter shah

16 minutes ago, Rodd said:

Great 3D aspect.  Sensory overload!  Amazing

Thank you.... It really does  have so much going on in the area

3 minutes ago, wxsatuser said:

This one of my favourite objects as well and you have done it proud Peter. :icon_salut:

Many thanks ....Its one of those areas I can just keep going back to

Hi Peter

Nicely imaged and an enviable target for us poor souls too far north of the equator!

Its good to see the Tak reducer works well with full frame, which version do you have? I have the standard (cheapest) version, non QE, but have noticed the need to refocus between filters and some minor issues at the corners

Adrian

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AstroMuni said:

Beautifully captured. Love it :)

2 hours ago, EntropyTango said:

Amazing image and I love your colours

2 hours ago, Rustang said:

Amazing once again 👏 👏

1 hour ago, CCD Imager said:

Hi Peter

Nicely imaged and an enviable target for us poor souls too far north of the equator!

Its good to see the Tak reducer works well with full frame, which version do you have? I have the standard (cheapest) version, non QE, but have noticed the need to refocus between filters and some minor issues at the corners

Adrian

Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment. 

Hi Adrian,

Rho Ophi has been one I have wanted to do for years,  only skimming the horizon during the summer, not good for the UK.

Its just the standard Tak FSQ 0.73 reducer, It's very critical on spacing and running just over its limits with those tiny 3.76um pixels, as you say minor issues in the corners....TBH nothing that I am bothered about.

1 hour ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

I was going to leave a blank reply to indicate how I was speechless for a long while but I will just say WOW!

Another beauty Peter and one I would gladly hang on my wall and never get tired of looking at it.

Steve

Thank you Steve, I am having it printed for my wall 😉, I've been chasing Rho for years.....I am planning on a bigger mosaic of the area which will include the Blue Horse.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GalaxyGael said:

This is lovely, delicate and vibrant. FSQ106 at f3.6 and a full frame hdr 16bit sensor - what a combination for this region of the sky. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you....Its a great little rig

1 hour ago, AstroAndy said:

These should be in a book.

Thank you Andy