SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SCOPETECH MOUNT ZERO, FIRST IMPRESSIONs, EXCELLENT!

paulastro

On 06/10/2021 at 16:20, MalcolmM said:

I may be wrong but it looks like the top threads on the offending screw are stripped? I wonder can you get replacement parts?

The Manfrotto website has a spares section https://www.manfrottospares.com/475b-parts.html

I couldn't see the bit you need for your tripod but I may have been looking at the wrong model.

You might need a whole center column :( 

Spot-on. That was indeed the problem. Along with the centre bolt not being long enough to secure the Scopetech Zero.  

6 hours ago, bond19 said:

Spot-on. That was indeed the problem. Along with the centre bolt not being long enough to secure the Scopetech Zero.  

Very glad you got it sorted. I'd be interested in hearing how you get on with it. I was very tempted with one but went for the giro ercole instead which I like very much but sometimes miss the slow motion controls. 

• 4 months later...
On 08/09/2021 at 17:32, bond19 said:

I’m going to pair the Scopetech Zero with Manfrotto 475B. 

👍 Exactly what I'm going to do.  I ordered a Zero just a few minutes ago.  This will be mainly for my 102/700 ED and hopefully my ST120.  I have a Twilight-1 tripod, but I much prefer the Manfrotto.