Pixinsight can I execute multiple instances of the same script inside a process container

old_eyes

I have never used process containers, but I wonder if they might be a solution to a problem. 

I use the WBPP script in Pixinsight for preprocessing my raw data. It all runs smoothly, but with large numbers of subs from CMOS cameras, and large pixel counts, it all gets pretty slow on even a decent desktop computer. Using three or four filters and building mosaics, I can be repeating this script 6 - 12 times in succession.

If I set up a WBPP run and turn it into an icon, can I run that icon inside some kind of batch process. That is, set up icons for each set of subs (the only difference are the subs, the master flat and the place to put the results) and then run the set of script icons?

If I could, I could then batch process the whole lot overnight and not keep having to check the script has finished, enter the new data and start the script again.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm! A clear case of RTFI here. I had not appreciated until I viewed Adam Block's videos of WBPP 2.1, that all I had to do was dump all the flats and lights for all the filters into WBPP with the darks/bias and the script would sort everything out and put calibrated subs, and stacked master light into the specified folder. I can also tackle all the panels of a mosaic at the same time using the keywords feature.

WBPP is much more powerful than I thought.

Ah well! We live and learn. I foresee some serious overnight runs now to reduce a stack of raw data. I just did a test on about 500 frames of M31. It worked perfectly, but took 10 1/2 hours!

• Thanks 1