Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Olympus

I have a pair of olympus dps - 1 10x50s got them in December because of the covid situation the receipt was a digital one. 

I could not remember where I got them and with starting to use them in earnest I noticed a problem. 

Finding the digital receipt has been a nightmare my email is set up to delete old read emails checked everywhere could not find it. 

Emailed olympus with a few back and forth sent the binoculars off which I will get a email to say how much its going to cost or they will send them back either way not happy. 

I searched one last time and found my purchase order from Argos so screenshotted that and sent it off so hopefully they will now be fixed. 

The problem is squarish views noticed what looked like the prisms poking out into the FOV I could not even see the moons of Jupiter with them that's how bad they were. 

Here are two pictures of exit pupils they don't look good. 

20210719_143157.jpg

20210719_143131.jpg

2 minutes ago, markse68 said:

doesn’t that suggest they’re not bak4 prisms? odd!

Mark

It suggests he has a duff pair...🙄 I've enjoyed using mine over the last year or so. A good starter binocular before the price increases. Since upgraded, so selling soon...

Iirc they come with a 10 year warranty?

6 hours ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

It suggests he has a duff pair...🙄 I've enjoyed using mine over the last year or so. A good starter binocular before the price increases. Since upgraded, so selling soon...

Iirc they come with a 10 year warranty?

I think it could be both definitely a dud pair just my luck well they were sent 2 days ago and heard nothing yet. 

When I put the details in it said they were out of warranty I've no idea how as you said have 10 year warranty and the lady who was corresponding with me said they have 25 years warranty. 

Strange when I put details in they said there was no warranty unless quite a few people have sent them back and they won't fix them now. 

1 hour ago, wookie1965 said:

I think it could be both definitely a dud pair just my luck well they were sent 2 days ago and heard nothing yet. 

When I put the details in it said they were out of warranty I've no idea how as you said have 10 year warranty and the lady who was corresponding with me said they have 25 years warranty. 

Strange when I put details in they said there was no warranty unless quite a few people have sent them back and they won't fix them now. 

You're right. The warranty is 25 years subject to the usual terms. Hopefully they're replaced with a new pair. 👍

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...