SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from Malvern

Rob Aylen

Hi everybody,

I'm new to the forum and fairly new to serious astronomy. I'm primarily A visual observer and my weapon of choice is a skywatcher 10 inch GOTO dobsonian. I've had the telescope just over a year and have started doing some sketches at the eyepiece. I'm also into photography and already I've been using my smartphone to take pictures via eyepiece projection. Here's some examples of what I've managed thus far. I'm really enjoying the hobby and look forward to contributing to the forum! 

Clear skies everybody,

Rob.

20210718_132242-01_edited.jpeg

20210606_104914_edited_edited.jpeg

20210606_000723_edited_edited (1).jpeg

20210507_123247_edited (1).jpeg

20210416_213936_edited_edited_edited.jpeg

20210423_215711_edited.jpeg

20210610103707_IMG_0514_edited_edited.jpeg

20210720_025722-01_edited.jpeg

20210720_025611-01_edited.jpeg

IMG_9751.jpg

• Like 9

Thank you all for the warm welcome and kind comments & nice to see a fellow Malvite (if that's the term?!) On here also! I'm really enjoying the sketching,  I find I spend longer looking at an object and in turn 'see' more as a result. 

3 hours ago, Rob Aylen said:

Thank you all for the warm welcome and kind comments & nice to see a fellow Malvite (if that's the term?!) On here also! I'm really enjoying the sketching,  I find I spend longer looking at an object and in turn 'see' more as a result. 

Not heard of Malvite , but have heard of Malvernian

• Like 1

A big warm welcome! Rob, let me say that I love your sketches, there's a dreamlike quality to them which is really great. Being a huge fan

of double stars I really enjoyed that Alberio sketch, you nailed the color and beauty of that most finest of doubles.

great to have you on SGL!

Edited by Sunshine
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all so much! I'm waiting for a nice clear night again in these parts so I can get back out at the eyepiece- I've just purchased an Astronomik 0III filter so I'm itching to turn it on the dumbell and have a sketch of that and I may even see if it can tease out the veil nebula too! 

Hoping we all get some clear skies for the Perseids on Thursday night

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...