Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

has anyone got a celestron c8 edge hd that can just check me something

well just trying to set back focus up on my c8 edge but after contacting celestron in the us were very helpful but told me i had a none standard back to the scope,it was bought new and sealed so im a little confused ive added an image of my back ,just wondered what yours was like as i need to get a point for the back focus thanks

1.jpg.45bdca5dbde4766e9b983bec97cfc762.jpg

Just had a quick look at mine and it looks the same. Can get a photo later if that would help.

When they say "non-standard back" are they maybe referring to the bit you are screwing on to that thread?

P.S. Optimal focal plane is 133.35mm from the end of that thread in the picture.

Edited by randomic
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, iwols said:

well just trying to set back focus up on my c8 edge but after contacting celestron in the us were very helpful but told me i had a none standard back to the scope,it was bought new and sealed so im a little confused ive added an image of my back ,just wondered what yours was like as i need to get a point for the back focus thanks

I've attached a Baader SCT clicklock in place of the 1.25" visual back, but otherwise it looks the same as yours. The only non-standard bit I see is the focus motor.

• Like 1