Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter and Ganymede Flyby: June 2021

John

With Jupiter now starting to be on show at a more reasonable hour here in the UK I think it is an apt time to post this NASA video of the Juno spaceship flyby of Ganymede and Jupiter last month. Music by Vangelis. Breathtaking imagery :icon_biggrin:

As one of the comments on the movie says, what would Galileo have made of this !

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

That is incredible! 

But yes, wouldn't it be interesting to sit down with Galileo today, and show him what there is to see!

I have the feeling, the words he would mutter just might make the Pope angry with him, again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maw lod qan said:

...But yes, wouldn't it be interesting to sit down with Galileo today, and show him what there is to see!

I have the feeling, the words he would mutter just might make the Pope angry with him, again.

Better show him this as well !:

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg13618460-600-vatican-admits-galileo-was-right/