Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Urgent appeal !

Very very appealing ! Anyone who can should set up and get up for Jupiter.

It's huge ! Some 47" across. Tonight it climbed after midnight to get above the roofs at 1. It easily took x240 with a steady view of a pin sharp Ganymede shadow. Views began to bubble up as it passed over the town.

Plenty of belt detail made it absorbing viewing. Saturn with its rings fully opened acted as an entre to the main course.

Hold your focus and let the views come. I counted six belts including the equatorial. 

Enjoy and well worth getting up for !

stay safe , Nick.

• Like 9

Brilliant ! I was wishing that everyone with a scope was tuned in ! A bit of drawing helps relax the eye , don't strain and ease off the power gradually increasing until you enjoy a clear view. 

Something for the gibbous moon and warm nights ahead ,

Nick.

IMG_0748.thumb.JPG.0dde13a21af81c4ccbf89a6a547ed492.JPG

• Like 6

Yes Nick one of the highlights of my night apart from pushing the mag, I would later find out why it was going soft dew on the scope.

I never thought the scope would dew up it was that warm had some fantastic views of Saturn as well. 

Going write my report up later as having a party for granddaughters birthday only got in this morning at 2.30am

• Like 2

My first view of Jupiter in the Mak last night. I hadn't planned to, but it was just poking above the houses as I started to pack up.
It was much bigger than I was expecting!  There was a little atmospheric false colour top and bottom, but it didn't spoil the view. Surprisingly steady too, at x238.
I saw bands for the first time, with the northern equatorial belt especially prominent. I've seen the Galilean moons before, but never a shadow on the disc - and it was so sharp. Well worth it.

• Like 5