SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Tips to get and keep dark vision during your telescope observations

• 2 weeks later...

Anthing that keeps the light pollution out and keeps you eyes adapted is a good thing. Winters in the UK are generally pretty cold so the hood on my fleece does the same job as your pillow. I have tried the eyepatch, but didnt like it much. I think i needed maybe a better quality one to be honest.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Pete Presland said:

Anthing that keeps the light pollution out and keeps you eyes adapted is a good thing. Winters in the UK are generally pretty cold so the hood on my fleece does the same job as your pillow. I have tried the eyepatch, but didnt like it much. I think i needed maybe a better quality one to be honest.

Yeah i think the eyepatch need also an adaptation to the use. Mine is satin made so very gentle and there are people that use rigid ones, which don't mess with the eye. There are loads of them available also because of health eyes issues/corrections.

The pillow / hoodie is the one i like most, and the glasses to go inside house. The pillow gets me totally "inside" the eyepiece, no distraccions.