Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Zwo has summer sale

powerlord

In case yer not on the mailing / spam list. Got email from zwo today about some pretty good discounts they are doing direct. With dollar the way it is, I just bought a second asiair Pro for 180 quid... Assuming I don't get Stung on customs, but being China don't usually tend to.

Anyway, do factor in that risk of customs charges.

https://astronomy-imaging-camera.com/product-category/on-sale

Stu

• Like 1

1 hour ago, powerlord said:

In case yer not on the mailing / spam list. Got email from zwo today about some pretty good discounts they are doing direct. With dollar the way it is, I just bought a second asiair Pro for 180 quid... Assuming I don't get Stung on customs, but being China don't usually tend to.

Anyway, do factor in that risk of customs charges.

https://astronomy-imaging-camera.com/product-category/on-sale

Stu

Offer prices also available at FLO. Prices naturally aren't as cheap as ZWO direct, but then you don't have the worry of VAT & customs being added on either - as well as easier customer service should you need to return an item.

The sale does give some odd prices, with the ASI290MM USB3 now cheaper than the ASI290MM USB2 which is not included in the sale.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, powerlord said:

Thanks should have checked. But I don't feel bad about trying direct once, I've spent 4k with FLO this year 🙂

There are some differences in the products on sale as well - ZWO have the ASI533 on sale, but FLO do not.

I’d be interested to know if anyone has experience with ordering direct and if there are any additional charges. I’ve been delaying buying a dedicated camera until I can start to use it later in the year but now might be the best time. 

44 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Nice to support a UK trader ensuring at least some of the sales profit stays here

As noted above, if you have to pay VAT (plus a handling fee) then the FLO prices are competitive with the direct purchase anyway (the ASI290MM works out the same price) and if there is a few £s difference, that's worth it for the ease of support and customer service.  I'd buy from FLO, but I appreciate that if you are on a tight budget then the saving (or potential saving) from buying direct might be attractive. I have bought Canon equipment in the past from Hong Kong, because even with VAT the saving has been hundreds of pounds.

The ASI533 is now reduced at FLO as well, so they must have still been updating the prices when I initially looked.

• Like 2