Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The new Stellarmate Pro unit looks superb……

Stuart1971

This has just been announced on the Stellarmate FB page, and looks superb.

Comes with built in RPI4, choice of 4gb or 8gb with Stellarmate pre installed, either 64gb or 128 GT SSD drive, GPS, wifi and ethernet, Real Time Clock, and a multitude of connection and power ports, with a six port USB hub…

Prices are yet to be confirmed…

E3D8FF7E-E33D-498B-9B56-D7413E6D22EB.jpeg

9910AF3B-B436-496A-906B-2860DEA7F208.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

Same here.  Unless the pricing is egregious, that's v high on my wishlist (late 2021...Christmas...hmm).  If EKOS can start handling multiple imaging cameras at the same time, then that's me pretty much done wrt the tech side!

• Like 2

Interesting.

It's a fair bit bigger than a RPi, not that that is a big issue.
I would not have said no to a couple more USB ports, although with 6 I may get away without a separate  hub, I would have liked to be able to plug an external SSD drive as well to download the images to, so I can just take the drive to my processing computer as I don't like transferring over WiFi. That takes up one USB port.
No HDMI for a monitor so presumably need to connect over WiFi.

But that's just being picky.

Steve

11 minutes ago, Len1257 said:

Gigabit Ethernet will be better than wifi? 

It is but I don't have an obsy and so means a 20M+ cable running between mount and computer which I spent ages getting rid of long Ethernet and USB cables so wouldn't go this route again.
It is only a small thing and I am being picky. I There are loads of ways I can get the images transfered after the session so this would not put me off getting one, maybe the price would ???

Steve

That looks like a nice bit of kit, if the enclosure for it is decent and can be integrated in instead of being tacked on (more like a Primaluce Eagle than a generic Pi box) then it'd be on the shopping list.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They really need to sort out their app thought, it's truly disastrous atm. I mean Stellarmate OS is fine, for when you're near a laptop and can use ekos/kstars, but for the sheer flexibility ASIAir has with their app and device, this wont' come close until Stellarmate can sort out their terrible app.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 24/10/2022 at 10:58, AstroShomy said:

Does anyone have any new s on the StellarMate Pro controller?

Hi, look at facebook: https://www.facebook.com/stellarmate and Twitter:

Despite this looks very good, I am a little bit disappointed, that stellarmate is sticking with Rasperry-PI hardware only. There are much more powerful alternatives out there (for e.g. using firecapture ...).

Cheers, Axel

• 1 year later...

Looks like it's coming to the market soon. Quite powerful AP HW/SW combo, but Interesting to see that even experienced users still struggle to set it up. Reflects my RPI 4B and CM4 experience with Stellarmate /  INDI / EKOS perfectly.

Btw, a question for Mods, should we consider a dedicated subsection for AP HW controllers like Eagle, ASIAIR, Stellarmate PRO, iOptron iMate?

Edited by Dark Raven

1 hour ago, Dark Raven said:

Looks like it's coming to the market soon. Quite powerful AP HW/SW combo, but Interesting to see that even experienced users still struggle to set it up. Reflects my RPI 4B and CM4 experience with Stellarmate /  INDI / EKOS perfectly.

Btw, a question for Mods, should we consider a dedicated subsection for AP HW controllers like Eagle, ASIAIR, Stellarmate PRO, iOptron iMate?

If you have a look in the suggestions part of this forum I did ask for this almost 3 years ago and it’s still the latest post in there, but was shot down right away…..☹️

Edited by Stuart1971
  • Like 1

I watched the Lazy Geek’s vid the other day just after it was released.  I thought it looked quite promising. I don’t think I’m ready to jump ship from the ASIair quite yet. But I’ve had some poor experiences with it recently which make me wonder whether ZWO have lost their edge with their product. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elp said:

Is it just me or does the unit look absolutely huge, it's like attaching a home router to your telescope.

It certainly looks maybe twice the size of an Air. 

2 minutes ago, Ouroboros said:

It certainly looks maybe twice the size of an Air. 

It's probably quadruple or more the size of a mini, does it do quadruple or more work? (Yes I know the differences, the mini is more than sufficient for what I need it to do and it's far far cheaper).

Edited by Elp