Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter on 12.7 at 14 degrees above the horizon

ONIKKINEN

Jupiter-10min.gif.481a020aa3563fa45aaa27b8eb56fea7.gif

10 minutes of rotation on Jupiter on 12.7. Still starting out with video capturing but i think i got the hang of it now, at least im not getting worse.

Shot with a OOUK VX8 and a Canon EOS550D in movie crop mode and magic lantern raw video. Each frame is 35% of the best frames from a 2 minute 38fps video, shot roughly back to back over a span of 10 or so minutes. Effective focal length is hard to say, but i would assume just under 5000mm. I used a 2x barlow on top of a 2.5x barlow, but Jupiters size appears a bit larger than what it should be if the focal length was increased by 5x. I am guessing that either or both of the barlows increase the focal length more than intended with a longer than eyepiece backfocal distance like with a DSLR.

Videos captured at 02:10-02:20 local time, which is unfortunately still very bright this time of the year, Skies were noticeably blue-ish when looking through an eyepiece visually. Very surprised to see good detail, both visually and on video!

Processed with PIPP, Autostakkert2, Registax for wavelets and photoshop for a bit of curves/colour/levels adjustments.

I was extremely surprised to see such an obvious amount of movement over a short amount of time which leads me to believe i should take shorter videos next time, maybe i could recover more detail if i get lucky with seeing.

• Like 3