Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tri Pod Dolly for scope on the way

mckinnell

Hello to all,

Well i have now committed myself to using my garage as the storage point, and, am making a dolly for transporting my Sky Watcher 12" to the area of viewing which is just around 6 ft away from the holding area within the said garage; using 5" HD wheels which are all braked and 3/4" marine ply for plating and 6" x 2" C16 kiln dried timbers, these are the main parts, but, on inspecting the solid state of the ply and timbers, was quickly prompted to purchase a circular saw also Jigsaw and will be getting a HD electric screw driver, all, i would add, because at my age and dexterity, i know that manual tools now will be a problem, OR, could be, so, not taking ant chances, and as luck would have it, a pal some 10 doors away will be helping me and will also be there for its commissioning when ready to do so, i am thinking around 2/3 weeks time, this then is the final solution ( Sherlock Holmes !!!) to a problem of location now 3 years on going, but, these things at the cost of the equipment, i am sure most will agree, needs to be given due thought and never rushed, so, there you go and i will keep you ALL, abreast of what and where i get to as i proceed along this project, o and the dolly will have table built in to accommodate the power pack and laptop/tablet.

Many grateful thanks and very best regards to every one here, my friends,  McKinnell,      aka  Tom......

• Like 1

Tell the truth Len, could of done with them when i made the wife`s (S.W.M.B.O.) raised bed some months ago lol lol lol.

Regards matey,                Tom................