Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Milky Way core and Cygnus Region

Had my Star Adventure Pro out at Brecon Beacons NP for a trial run. Managed to grab a few 120 sec tracked images of the Milky Way core (10 x 120 sec) rising over the southern entrance to Sennybridge Military Training Area. Also grabbed a set of 6 x 120sec exposers of the Cygnus Region. Both images were taken using my Nikon D7500 cropped sensor DSLR (ISO 800) and a Samyang 50mm lens stopped down to f2.8. 

The Milky Way image acquisition involved 6 x 60 sec static exposures of the foreground area (ISO 200) taken just prior to astronomical twilight. Then a 30min wait for total darkness prior to taking the tracked images of the Milky Way core that was rising over the Brecon Beacons in the background. I used the Ps Sky Replacement function in post processing to blend into a single composite image, which I think is a great tool. The image of Cygnus Region was a more straight foreword process of stacking and routine post processing in Ps. I really love the way you can see the Sadr Region Ha, including NGC 7000 and IC 1318. 

Overall, highly impressed with the Star Adventure Pro and given a bit more practice, I'll be ready for a few more nights in the field. Next time I'll take a few calibration frames to see if it improves the overall imagery.   

Milky Way rises over Flag 1.png

Cygnus Region.png

Milky Way sky.tif

• Like 10

Lovely stuff mate. And especially interesting to me as I will be heading to Wales this weekend, near Cader Idris, and will be taking my Star Adventurer 2i with me to take exactly the same shots you took.

I'm especially interested in the milky way core image. Could I ask what time you took that one?

Nice work