Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Before I take the plunge!..

Here is my "shopping list". I am posting it here as i just wanted to run it through with all you wonderful people to make sure what I am getting is right, if there is anything that needs to be added or changed!!!

Skywatcher Skyliner 250px FlexTube Dobsonian

Tal 2x Barlow

Meade ND96 Moon Filter (1.25")

Collimating Eyepiece

Anything I should add or change or even take away? :D

comes to £576.50 at the lovely FLO :(

Already purchased TLAO :(

The telescope doesnt come with a barlow according to all of the sites i have looked at, eg - http://www.flyingastronomer.co.uk/product.php?id=157

As far as space goes, My dad has bought me a small garden shed thing that isnt tall enough to hold the 10" normal dob so im going with the flex tube :D Plus its sexier anyways :p

Is the moon filter good enough? And as far as culmination goes I saw a cheaper £6 cap on FLO and wondered if that would do the job?

edit- heres the collicap for £6 i was talking about :Dhttp://www.firstlightoptics.com/proddetail.php?prod=ccollicap

Hi I just got me one of these (250px) Am very pleased! I had a moon filter and polarising filter which I double up when looking at bright moon. Makes it easier on the eye. I haven't got a good barlow yet but i hear those tals are great for the money.

As for collimating I got a lazer collimator and it makes doing collimation a peice of cake. I think a lot easier than caps.

Brian

The collicap will only get you half way through the collimation process.

You adjust the secondry mirror so the view through the collicap had the primary mirror and all three mirror clips central in the collicap.

You then use a laser to adjust the primary so the beam hits the centre of the etched part of the laser.

When it does you are collimated.

Already purchased TLAO :D

As far as space goes, My dad has bought me a small garden shed thing that isnt tall enough to hold the 10" normal dob so im going with the flex tube :D Plus its sexier anyways :p

what are you planning to do with it and do you really need 10 inches of aperture!?:(

Archived