Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Signed up and hoping to learn plenty over the coming months.

Trevor Matthews

Hi everyone.

With an imminent 60th birthday looming and many brownie points earned this year I thought I might have a chance to return to astronomy with something that wouldn't just leave me frustrated after each use.

I started looking on ebay at Meade and Celestron scopes but as usual I am now looking at more expensive items like the Skywatcher Esprit and matching mounts.

I run a TV engineers forum www.t-m-f.uk.

This forum was recommended by Florian Drews in a Amazon review from 2012 and that's how I got here.

Welcome to SGL! be aware that scams on eBay are common, thought I would warn you just in case, that being said the esprit is a great scope. It would be best if you can locate a merchant in your region where you could buy from, have fun searching the forum!.

12 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Welcome to SGL! be aware that scams on eBay are common, thought I would warn you just in case, that being said the esprit is a great scope. It would be best if you can locate a merchant in your region where you could buy from, have fun searching the forum!.

I don't know if it is Covid, Brexit or both but most outlets I have looked at locally seem totally out of stock of most items on their web site.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Trevor Matthews said:

I don't know if it is Covid, Brexit or both but most outlets I have looked at locally seem totally out of stock of most items on their web site.

Hello Trevor and welcome to the site 👍 bit of both probably but it gives you more time to look around and see what people are using and achieving. You can still get out there with simple things like a planisphere or an app, download stellarium or similar and have a look to see what is visible from your future observing position. Enjoy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...